On 16th July 2016, I got married to a wonderful man, Ifo, whom I've dated for 8 years. It was the greatest thing that ever happened to me and I swear I can never forget the solemnization moment and when he read his wedding vows. There were also some unforgettable moments that make me smile every time I think about them:
1. Waking up to text messages from my long distance friends wishing a "Happy Wedding Day".
2. All the flower girls and bridesmaid eating cupcakes while getting ready.
3. Stepping into my giant white dress, all the girls around me.
4. The silence, and the sound of my dress rustling against the floor as I approached Ifo for our first look. And how he smiled at me.
5. Scanning the crowd and feeling, in the most surreal way, buoyed by our friends and family.
6. Again, the wedding vows, which was my cue to cry.
7. My veil slipping off as we made our way to the feast, delirious with joy, and Ifo catching the veil as it fell. The most perfect imperfection.
8. The biggest, best hug fest in the entire world as everyone came to congratulate us.
9. Slipping away with Ifo to take pictures, and the look of sheer amazement on his face as he whispered, "Alhamdulillah, finally..."
10. Cutting the chocolate cake coated with mint green fondant specially made by my sister.
11. Everybody's having fun with karaoke and some others were waiting turn to sing.
12. My adorable nieces and nephews twirling across the dance floor, giddy and tired.
13. Friends and family dishing out all kinds of emotional, slurred, perfect "we love yous".
14. Hanging out with Ifo under the canopy while eating leftovers after everybody's leaving, feeling tired, happy and thankful.
And so...I just want to thank you all for your best wishes and your really, really sweet comments as I shared all our wedding photos and details on instagram, facebook and twitter these past few weeks. Special thanks to our families and friends for their continuous support and help to make the wedding as wonderful as it can be. And also special credits for these people:
Wedding suit and dress: Permaisuri Pengantin Boutique
Dais and hand bouquet: Normah Wedding Planner
Cake: Dinasha Bakery
Canopy and table set: Kris Canopy
Caterer: Kharisma Catering
Photographer: Mr. Ajib
Thanks so much everyone!
Annddd...last but not least, here's my vow:
My best friend,
My brightest light,
My husband from this day forward,
You're the greatest, most magnificent man I've ever known.
You've taught me peace and charity, strength and integrity,
the beautiful bliss of life's most simple joys.
You've shown me what it means to be good and true,
what it's like to wake up each day with faith and hope and a fearless, grateful spirit.
I love you for so many reasons, but I love you most for your heart,
Your true and kind and open, compassionate heart.
Our love has always felt both incredible and inevitable,a miracle that's meant to be,
And my most cherished blessing is to know that I'm yours.
Today, surrounded by the ones we love,
I vow to honor, inspire, and respect you for the rest of our days.
I'm yours, my love, forever and always:
All that I am now and all that I'll ever be.
|Arrival of the groom|
|The start of forever|
|It's such an honor to be his wife|
|"Can't take my eyes off you"|
|My best friends|
|His best friends|
|I'm honestly loving my dress|