September 15, 2013

Who's Dictating your Life?





We can't jump off bridges anymore because our smart phones will get ruined. We can’t take skinny dips in the ocean, because there's no service on the beach and adventures aren't real unless they're on Instagram. Technology has doomed the spontaneity of adventure and we're helping destroy it every time we Google, check-in, and hashtag.


I hope you are all understanding yet skeptical of that. There's both good and bad that comes of social media, but you must decide what extent of sharing feels right for you and what brings you true happiness. I must confess that I hope your phone doesn't dictate your life. I hope that when you're out exploring and when you're out with friends, it stays in your pocket. Just remember that the best moments can't be captured by a status update, and that no one knowing about your most amazing experiences doesn't invalidate such moments. I'm actually writing this just to remind myself. Have a good life. :)




3 comments:

  1. This post has made me realize how smartphones have dictated everyone's life. I realize that I always dress up or trying to look good just to take picture to post it instagram. And it also distracts me while I'm on my study mood. HEHE. Its good to remind people about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough. I've seen my nieces stucked with their phone day and night and I think it's normal nowadays to see families busy with their own phones/ipad while eating in restaurant :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.