January 13, 2015

And the Winner goes to..




Congratulations to all the winners of the 2015 Golden Globes Awards! The things that I really fond of about the award night are the remarkable acceptance speeches and beautiful dresses from the red carpet. They say quotes will live on forever. Well, the good (and really bad) ones, at least. So here's my picks for the best speeches from the night:

1. "These days, you get in a lot of trouble no matter what you say. Do you know what I mean? You can say anything in the world and get in trouble. I know this for a fact. So I’m just going to say thank you." - Billy Bob Thornton (Best Actor in TV Movie)

2. "It's a humbling thing when you find someone to love, especially when you've been waiting your whole life, especially when your whole life is 53 years. Amal, I couldn't be more proud to be your husband." - George Clooney (Cecil B. DeMille award)

3. "As I got to know the people of the Civil Rights movement, I realize I am the hopeful black woman who was denied her right to vote. I am the caring white supporter killed on the front lines of freedom. I am the unarmed black kid who maybe needed a hand but instead was given a bullet. I am the two fallen police officers murdered in the line of duty. Selma has awakened my humanity." - Common and John Legend (Best Original Song)


Annnnnnd these are my picks for the best dressed female stars from the Golden Globes red carpet:


Anna Faris in Reem Acra

Giuliana Rancic in Maria Lucia Lohan

Jenna Dewan in Carolina Herrera

Emily Blunt in Michael Kors

Julianne Moore in Givenchy

Allison Williams in Armani

Naomi Watts in Gucci

Amal Clooney in Dior

Kate Beckinsale in Elie Saab

Salma Hayek in Alexander McQueen

Keira Knightley in Chanel

Felicity Jones in Dior

Taylor Schilling in Ralph Lauren

Anna Kendrick in Monique Lhuillier

Emma Stone in Lanvin


Lupita Nyongo'o in Giambattista Valli


My favorite is Emma Stone's outfit. She rocked the red carpet with pants instead of floor-skimming gown. It's a formal jumpsuit featuring a silver sequin bustier top and black pants with a huge bow tied at the back, wonderfully designed by Lanvin. It's simple and elegant. What's your favorite? ^^


3 comments:

  1. They all look stunning! Happy 2015, Aemy! Here's wishing you the best of everything......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think George Clooney's love story is a very interesting one. It's proof that it takes a special type of woman to win a man with that level of success. I believe he's been looking for someone who is his equal all this time...it wasn't in the young beauties or fellow actors...that woman actually had to be a star in her own world. I think I read somewhere an engagement announcement for them that made the rounds in her circles that called him "an American actor best known for starring in ER." Like he's not a global superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amal in that black dress is my fave.. well maybe because she's Amal anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.