February 23, 2015

Some Thoughts and Oscars

You are special.
You are beautiful.
You are wonderful.
You are smart.
You are worth it.

Are any of those statements familiar? Yes, of course. Society throws them at us every day. They're supposed to 'boost our self-esteem'. Make us feel good about ourselves. And I'm not saying that's necessary a bad thing. But really, when did we get to the point where society needed to tell us we're beautiful and worth it? When did we get so caught up in ourselves? So worried about how pretty we are and how smart and how special? Maybe it's time to look around more. It's not all about how we feel. Maybe instead of entertaining ourselves all the time, we should look for more opportunities to entertain or serve others. Maybe we shouldn't let our moods guide our actions so much. Our feelings are not at the center of the universe. Maybe it's time we stop acting like they are.

It's just something that I thought about when I was at school today. Yep, I'm teaching again. But I don't want to talk about that now because I want to talk about Oscars. Did you watch it today? OMG Neil Patrick Harris was hosting, Channing Tatum was presenting, and Tegan and Sara were performing Lego Movie's "Everything Is Awesome"!! Those have completely made my day. And congratulations to all the winners! So here's my picks for the best dressed stars from the 87th Oscars red carpet:

Keira Knightley in Valentino

Kelly Osbourne in Rita Vinieris 

Felicity Jones in Alexander McQueen

Julianne Moore in Chanel

Chloe Grace Moretz in Miu Miu

Anna Kendrick in Thakoon

Gwyneth Paltrow in Ralph & Russo

Dakota Johnson in Yves Saint Lauren

Emma Stone in Elie Saab

Jenna Dewan Tatum in Zuhair Murad

Anna Faris in Zuhair Murad

Rita Ora in Marchesa

Scarlett Johansson in Atelier Versace

Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab

Lupita Nyong'o in Calvin Klein

Rosamund Pike in Givenchy



Ah I love them all! But my favorites are J.Lo, Emma Stone and Scarlett Johansson. ;) Which one's your favorite? 



3 comments:

  1. I'm diggin' Zendaya Coleman, much because of her majestic dread hair. As for the dresses, I love the red ones. And yes, Anna Kendrick too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone saying Scarlett's short hair doesn't suit her. Well, I think she looks awesome. And in that dress. Daaamn. Wakakaa.

    Happy Tuesday tmr yo. And how are you? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Anna Faris's dress but J.Lo's dress is the most beautiful one! Oh hi Aemy. Its been awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.