July 21, 2013

Me Being a Teacher





I'm unofficially graduated. I barely have money and I need it so badly. So I signed up for a contract job at the district education office and guess what, I've got the job as a substitute teacher at a primary school, it's been 2 weeks already. So I teach English, Maths and Visual Arts for the pupils of Year 4 and 5. Yeah, I know, laugh all the way. Arts, huh? I can't even draw a tree properly. Lol. But surprisingly, I don't have to teach them how to draw or make DIYs, because they're really good at it. 

I once believed that I won't be a teacher because I can't teach people, I didn't know how to do it. But really, it's not that bad at all. Especially when they're much younger than you. Well, I have 11 nieces and nephews, so I don't really find it difficult in dealing with kids. So far I can keep the kids at school in check for the most part and I'm feeling confident in my ability to lead them. If I have to discipline a kid for bad behavior I don't even think twice. Modifying lesson plans also is not a problem. 

I think my strength has always been in being flexible and being able to adapt to whatever situations are thrown at me. This is helping me in the classroom. One of the perks of being a teacher is being exposed to the logic of young children. It's fascinating to watch them learn, think and talk, you know. Most children are so creative and imaginative and sometimes come up with the most profound or funny things to say. At the end of the day, this is what puts a smile on my face. I know I'm gonna miss them when the contract is over. I'm feeling good and that's all that matters to me now. I'm going to relish in this feeling that lately has been hard to come by. 




12 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats! Which district are you at? Welcome to the life of educators :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. papar, my hometown. hehe. thank you Ash ^^

      Delete
  2. Alhamdulillah. All the best. I know you will be a great teacher :) Don't forget to help the whole community too, admins, teachers and staff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're better than me, you have more experiences. Hehe. Yes, I won't forget that. Thanks so much, Anne :)

      Delete
  3. Wahh..mesti best kan jd cikgu. Anyway, gud luck Aemy in everything u do.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya best juga la, especially when it's primary school. Hehe. Thanks!! ^^

      Delete
  4. Ohh congratulations on your new job! :) I'm sure it's so much fun being a teacher! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Aemy! :D Wish you all the best :) Selamat menjadi guru yang baik. Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's great sister! Best of luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cute little teacher you are :). All the best to you

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cute little teacher you are :). All the best to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! I want to be a teacher too..but, my education background not suit with it..anyway, how to do the application to substitute teacher? just walk in to the district office or wait for the job is open?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.