October 2, 2012

22 Things About Turning 22



On 3rd October 2012, I will be 22. And this is how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking about it:



1. After 21 is getting older, and 21 seems the last good milestone I'll ever have.


2. This is my final year of degree and I'm ECSTATIC. I'll get the certificate roll and be throwing my graduation cap in the air. I'll be free as a bird.


3. But I've got thesis to be done before graduating. Then I have to find a job after graduating. Oh!


4. I need to travel now that I'm 22. I probably won't be able to travel much when I'm 32 because I'll be working a steady job at that time. Plus the best time to be wanderlusting is in your early 20's. Whatever, travel at 22, you'll be less tired.


5. I'm probably going to have to pick out some direction in my life and pursue it.  At the very least, I must really ask myself: What do you want right now? What are you going to want for the next 5 years? Can't use Google for this.


6. Should I have a big party? A small party? A no-party because I think 22 is an irrelevant age to celebrate? :p


7. I'm Asian so it wouldn't matter even if this year I was turning 32. I won't look that different. Besides, I'm small. :p


8. I'd really really really really like to get my foot in the door at some great company and start a career path I'd enjoy. I still wanna be a writer actually. I wanna be one of the writers of Cleo mag, or any famous mags.


9. I'm getting older. My parents are getting older. I just, for some reason, want to be around them all the time because of this.


10. I'm progressing toward adulthood and need to let go of habits that die hard. I need to change.


11. Speaking of change, thankfully, part of me have changed into something positive. I'm happier. You know what I mean. ;)


12. I need to exercise.


13. The dark circles under my eyes..is that a product of staying up until dawn studying and blogging and tweeting, or is it a product of progressing in years? Oh my!


14. I'm older, but not that much wiser. Damn it.


15. Financial security, I have to start saving up money and setting serious financial goals. Furthermore, I have to be completely independent of my parents financially. And I want an iPhone 5.


16. I wish I were extremely wealthy. Or my parents had their own corporate empire that I could take over later on. You know, real security in the form of money you didn't earn yourself. I know a lot of people like this, and I have to say your life is awesome. But I'm thankful for what I have now. :)


17. At some point, I may have to edit this blog, take down my Facebook, etc. I can't say that at 22 I'm okay to say whatever I want anymore, even if my "freedom of speech" is protected...


18. Getting engaged. Kidding. :p I just wanna say that I'm glad for having Ifo in my life. I love him and he loves me back. :))


19. I'm also really glad my best friends at 22 are the same ones from when I was 9.


20. I'm kind of scared of the future, but I'm glad it's happening at the same time. I was ready to move forward.


21. Thanks God for giving me time to live and survive, and enough time for me to change. Alhamdulillah.


22. I can't wait to see what's next. I hope it's awesome. I think it will be.




^^


10 comments:

  1. few more hours Aemy! Happy advance Birthday! hope you have a great day ahead :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. u're the 1st person! hehe. thank you Dora..!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bday to u, sweetie! May happiness & love surround u always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happu birthday sis! :) may God bless you and harap2 smuanya dipermudahkan oleh Tuhan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday Aemy..Semoga sentiasa bahagia, mendapat limpah rahmatNYA, berjaya dalam bidang yang diceburi dan segala yang baik2 saja..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy bday Aemy.. may Allah bless u always.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you...baru ingat nak congratulation on the #18..hehehe..

    Regards,
    -Strider-

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow ! nice blog layout. LOVE IT !
    happy belated birthday :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated buffday to u!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday Aemy! I can't wait to be like you, graduating, having a job. By the way, have fun! :) Hope your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.