October 26, 2012

My Sacrifice



Today marks the Hari Raya Aidiladha. I've decided to make more of an effort to understand, convey and apply the deeper meaning of Aidiladha. It's celebrated in remembrance of prophet Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son, prophet Ismail to God. As a tribute, Muslims sacrifice a domestic animal.

Honestly, I know that most of us don’t go much deeper than this, we think about only our selfishness and comfort. When's the last time you truly sacrifice of anything which was truly precious to us in term of someone else's welfare? I haven’t done it for a long time. I couldn't even remember the last time I did it. I remember the charitable work and the things I did but I've never had to make any personal sacrifice in order to do those things.


As a tribute to Abraham’s sacrifices this Aidiladha, I'll try to make an effort to be charitable in a way. I ain't a perfect person and never could be. But sometime in life, you have to realize that you can be a better person but only if you try, right? Well, my Aidiladha always have been like an ordinary one, with family by my side. :)

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha, everyone. ^^



O Allah, make me better than what they think of me, and forgive me for what they do not know about me, and do not take me to account for what they say about me.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Brend ;) salam aidiladha too :D

      Delete
  2. I really try my very best not to be selfish in everything I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Aidiladha Aemy..semoga pengorbanan lebih menjadikan kita umat yang bersyukur. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.