October 30, 2013

Agonizing Decision





Do you ever wonder how different your life could have been if you made a different decision? Or if you had the guts to walk away from something or someone that's causing you pain? Every day we're faced with decisions, choices and opportunities. Some we don't want to take, some we do. Some we have no choice in and some we couldn't make fast enough. 

Today I thought about all the wrong decisions I've ever made in my life and wondered if my life had been different if I didn't made them. The obvious answer would be yes of course. One of the decisions that I made and regretted was my degree course. Yep, I didn't like it. I even disliked it more when it led to another stupid decision that I made last June..which I never told anyone. No one knows about this, even my mom, my boyfriend, my best friend..so I'm gonna say it now.

I declined a job offer as one of editors at Zalora.

I came across your blog and I loved your honest and down-to-earth writing style. You also have great thought-provoking entries. Zalora is looking to collaborate eloquent and talented bloggers like yourself, and I was wondering if you would be keen on working with us. Do let me know if you are interested?

That's the 1st email I received in June 2013. I sent my resume enclosed with a sample of article. Few weeks later I was accepted and they required me to work at their HQ in KL. The excitement turned to sorrow. I had to decline it because I was in the middle of thesis and finishing degree which I couldn't turn down just like that. I made my own choice without discussing with anyone. I don't know why I did that, and so it's stupid. It is stupid now. That's the most agonizing decision I've ever made in my life. 

Every decision I've made or didn't make for that matter has all led me to where I am today. Where am I? Home. Unemployed. So the question that should be asked is "what have I learned?"

Well, the Zalora job might not be my rezeki after all. Someone else who's way braver and wiser deserves it. My life's a series of unfortunate events that have only made me stronger. Of course we never see it that way at the beginning but how does anyone know how something is going to end at the start, right?

I try to be grateful. That’s how strange life is, you have to take each day as it comes and try and always be grateful for the great things in your life. You should write a list of 10 things every morning of the things you're grateful for and see the rewards you're blessed with. Nobody can change the past and so we should take pride in learning from our mistakes and choosing to always live In the present. 




16 comments:

  1. It's okay Emy. Everything happens for a reason. Of course you wouldn't want your parents to be disappointed with your actions if you accept the job at Zalora. of course they want you to finish your studies first. But you see, inshaallah, there will be something even better for you in the future. have faith sista! haha.. sorry ayat agak lame... hahahaha *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't wanna cry when i write this post, now i wanna cry when i read your words..huhu..yes, i can't disappoint my parents. It killed me. But everything happens for reasons, right. Thanks so much :) *hugs back*

      Delete
  2. Hey sis..chin up..In my opinion you are making the right decision. im not trying to make you fell good but from my exprience, job offer come and go..you might not get job offer from zalora for now but who know if you'll get a better one next time. I'm 100 % agreed with you on this and you just proved to yourself that u can make a good decision.

    Regards,
    -Azlan-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure I'll get another one next time. Rezeki ada d mana2 kan. Thanks so much, bro. That's really thoughtful and helpful. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes dear Aemy..perhaps its not your rezeki after all. We all have to make that stupid mistakes sometime. Cheer up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid mistakes don't necessarily make us stupid right? Hehe. Thanx ^^

      Delete
  4. Something better will come along. Have faith :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this and I'm strongly agree with it "Every day we're faced with decisions, choices and opportunities." From my college life and even until now, each and everyday I need to make decisions, choices as well as opportunities. I also being forced by my parents to study something I dislike and ended up doing something I dislike as well. But what to do, life must go on and like they said, life is too short, so enjoy to the fullest!

    It's kinda sad that you declined Zalora offer but you know what, I believe someday you will get much more better offer. Stay strong gal! By the way, congratulation for your graduation =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone is brave enough to follow their hearts & do what they really wanna do, right. Most of things that we choose are because of people around us, like our parents.

      Yeah it's sad..I was in dilemma. Hehe. Thanks D :)

      Delete
  6. Let just assume that Zalora's offer is not your rezeki at the moment sis. He has planned something beautiful for you, we believe in that right ^^ throughout my paths in living this life, i ve also made decisions that keep haunting me up to this days. somehow regretting but we have no undo button in this reality. moving on and pretending we are doing it all right kinda hard and suffocating... but yeah, time waits for no one so we just let the pasts to slip through..(easy saying but impractical in real life.. i feel it in that way. sob sob) anyhow, cheers and keep on believing that something good is waiting, somewhere and someday ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life's easier if we had that undo button, right. Just press it when things go wrong, then things turn right again. But it must be less fun, we might not learning anything. Hehe. Thanks Jess ^^

      Delete
  7. no worry aemy, there must be something better wating for you.
    when God ask u to put something down, it must be because He want you to pick up something better kan. :)

    it's been a looong time since my last visit to your bloag aemy. byk post ko sy tertinggal. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I believe so. ^^

      Yep sy pun lama sda x visit your blog, I'll do it after this! Haha..

      Delete
  8. Hey aemy..pernah alami benda yg sm. I got job offer from bank before graduate..but sy tolak. Once sy tolak rezeki dpt keja dtg lmbt bkn apa sbb sy plh dkt dgn rmh. After i changed my mind i should try cari keja jauh dr rmh. X la jauh but need to rent bilik utk jimat blnja. Haha. alhamdulillah sy dpt. Yez, rezeki akan dtg nt aemy. Lmbt or cpt depend pd usaha kita jgk :)

    So, chill ok..i know u'll get job offer yg lg better than this. Ada hikmah why u declined the offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your experience gives me some lessons to learn. Sy dpt keyakinan suda skrg. Hehe. Yes, sy pun pasti ada hikmah di sebalik semua ni. Thanks Echa ^^

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.