June 11, 2014

What We Teach





There's a quote that says we teach others what we ourselves ought to be taught. I've been thinking about it for a while now, wondering what it is that I "teach" others. My conclusion? I'm always telling others to be kinder to themselves, to ease up, to practice patience, to be as compassionate toward themselves as they're toward the ones they love. Meanwhile, though, I berate myself for waking up late in the morning or leaving a pile of clothes in my bedroom or some other minor, trivial detail from the day. I'm curious.. What do you teach? Is it something you need to be taught?



2 comments:

  1. That is SO true. I'm hard on myself for a lot of things I wouldn't expect of anyone else. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.