February 9, 2013

Keep Coming Back to You


Manila Trip: Day 5


It was the last day of Manila Trip. To make the best of remaining hours that we had before taking off to airport, we went shopping at Robinson. That's the 1st time I shopped without thinking pros and cons because we only got an hour. So I just grabbed anything nice and fancy, until I didn't know what to buy anymore. And Ifo managed to shop more than I did, he even got a varsity jacket from Dickies. Impressive (because I've never seen him shopping like that before).

The hardest part was saying goodbye to everything; the hotel, cafe, the street, the city, etc. I didn't tell or show the guys that I cried a little before pulling my luggage out of the room. I can't wait to get home but honestly, I felt heavy-hearted and overwhelmed all at once, because those times won't repeat. So we took off to Clark by a cab. We're coming home with a lot of memories and missing every bit of them. I haven't really thank them yet for planning out the trip, for taking care of me and for everything. Surely we'll do this again. ^^


thank you guys ^^
(from left: Lan, Russel, Jasper, Selvin, Ifo)

goodbye Philippines

Oh I miss Manila! As the song Manila by Hotdog goes, "I keep coming back to Manila,", something I often find myself singing. Despite all seemingly unsolved problems - traffic, crowds, peace, order, etc - I can't just write the place off completely. 

One of the reasons is the smiles. I'm not saying that Malaysians can't smile. But the smiles are easy and natural in the faces of the people there. Even when they tell a problem, it's not uncommon to still see them smiling somewhat. Why? I don’t know for sure. Maybe they're naturally friendly and easy-going. But I do believe it could be part of their coping mechanism. Whoever it was who said that “we laugh because we do not want to cry”, might as well have explained correctly why they smile in the midst of chaotic life. Other reasons have been written in my previous posts I guess. 

To be fair, I could also make an entire reasons of why I love Malaysia. Heeee.. 
Hey, Malaysia will always be in my heart, no matter how far I go. 

 So this is the end of my Manila Trip posts and now I leave you with a song. ^^


Manila - Hotdog




8 comments:

  1. What did u bought??? show show...he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. tapi saya boleh bayangkan kesesakan lalu lintas di sana..hampir sama ngan Jakarta..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess u will comeback ony day insyallah..look like u have a quality time over there..hehehe

    Regards,
    -Strider-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's really heart-breaking moment when you're going to leave such memorable place like Philippines. How I wish I can go to my dream place :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The end of a holiday is always bitter sweet. Glad to hear you had a great time shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish to visit there someday.. Shopping la paling seronok tu kan..

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always some memories that we can't forge each time we step in at any where.
    mt
    Meitzeu @ Blog

    Meitzeu @ Facebook

    Meitzeu @ Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. waaaaah!!.. you really had fun in Manila. Hopefully my trip is going to be fun as yours. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.