February 6, 2013

Superman Saved my Day


Manila Trip: Day 3


breakfast ^^


One of the Filipinos' traits that I adore is they're hardworking people. Well it's undeniable, right? Look what have they done to our buildings. They're morning people and even the shops open early in morning. It's maybe because they have strong family bonds. I can see that when they always had breakfast, lunch or dinner together as a family. The parents strive hard for to provide the basic needs of the family and they have this ideology that they don't want their family members to experience the tough times that they had before. And most workers are really polite and friendly. Another thing that caught my attention is the university in Philippines is not a place to do research, but it's only a place to get a licence for a job. 

So let's go straight to the adventure of the day. Here's the origin of Filipino Market in KK. 





It's called Barangay Baclaran, a bargain shopper's paradise where you can find the cheapest prices for almost everything; from foods to clothes, shoes, groceries, etc. Well it's the largest market I've ever been, and many of the sellers are Muslims. Since it's located near Taft Avenue, I got to be at the shooting location of Bourne Legacy 2012. They said it's a dangerous place and I did feel insecure because it's too crowded and people were moving so fast. Thankfully we're safe and nothing's missing. Hee.

We also went to some flagship malls at the heart of Makati City, such as Glorietta, The Landmark and Greenbelt. Greenbelt's divided into 5 sections that offer a mix of cafes, designer clothing shops, local and international brands, cinema and gardens. In other words, it's a place for rich people. So I was just there to take pictures and feel (without buying) the masterpieces by Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani, etc. While strolling around in the city, sometimes I noticed "biodegradable" labels on most packaging materials, and that impressed me much. Even the dustbins only categorized into 2 types; biodegradable and non-biodegradable. And I met Superman at The Landmark. :p


Superman saved my day

like a boss


In the evening, we headed to SM Mall of Asia (MOA). I remember jumping out of jeepney and running to the bay side with my friends because we didn't want to miss the sunset moment. But we did miss it. It's already dark when we got to the bay. So we're just resting on the rock fence while eating fries and watching a glitter-coated street comedian doing a show. It's such a nice place. But I got a pang of sadness for being there too early. I mean earlier than Paramore. Well, they will be singing live in MOA Arena this 15th Feb. I cried in my heart and still do. 





We played ice skates in the mall before going back to hotel. I'm a noob and I can't skate for the life of me. But I had fun that night though. Back in hotel, we had dinner with hot cakes. They're the most delicious pancakes ever. I need to browse for Filipino's pancake recipe because I'm craving for it now. ^^


10 comments:

  1. How fun! Seems u've enjoyed yourself very much. Thks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ifo look like a "boss" model..hehehe..btw the i like the mcdonald view..its hard to find a fast food restaurant with the background like pasar..hehehe

    Regards,
    -Strider-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha..
      unik kan, i also liked the view..actually we didn't eat there, just duduk2 to relax our feet..we're not sure about its halal status kan..hehe

      Delete
  3. Ko tidak jatuh2 ka main tu ice skates? Saya blm pernah main lg oh tu haha.. Ba jgn lupa share itu Filipino's pancake recipe aa once kalau ko suda baked dia..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kalau sy p tengah2 maybe sy jatuh la tp time tu sy jalan d tepi2 ja..hahaha..
      ok, will post about it if i managed to make it ^^

      Delete
  4. Yup, the market there looks like the ones we have here in KK. Your trip makes me feel like wanting to go there as well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if u got the chance to go there, dont hesitate, just go :D

      Delete
  5. u really had fun :) :) hows the jeepney?wasnt it scary?i heard people r being robbed there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the jeepney was awesome!! ^^
      i dunno, but we're safe..hehe

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.