April 13, 2013

After All this Time

"I always write from personal experience or things that I see. I don't ever try to write about things I don't know. If asked, I want to speak from a place of knowledge and experience. Or at the very least, I'm learning and I'm interested. This album really reflects where the guys and I have been lately. It's one of the happiest things we've ever been a part of. The sound is a lot more upbeat this time around. I don't think our fans have gotten to hear this side of us, where not everything is so heavy and so detrimental."
- Hayley Williams, 2013



That's what Hayley said during an exclusive interview by Glamour recently. I've loved Paramore since the beginning and they just keep getting better. From emo teen-punk, heavy rock, folky terrain, to now. I love that all of their albums are extremely strong for their own reasons. And I'm loving the more positive, upbeat tone of the new album. The music video of their new song, Still Into You, has been I released and I love it at every bit. Now I have something new to dance to. ^^




Yeah, the song and video are very different from their usual ones and I saw some negative comments about them. Some want the old Paramore, some say Hayley's becoming Katy Perry, some say they sound horrible, blah blah blah. Screw all those craps. That's the example of people who are afraid of changes, living in denial and stuck forever in the past. Move on, peeps! Paramore still rocks.

It's a beautiful song and the video's cute! I'm glad to finally see them being so happy and I think it's my favorite video they've ever done. As much as I love Hayley and I can't get enough of her hair, outfit, makeup and her adorable dance, but I wish the video showed more of Taylor and Jeremy, they crack me up. 




What Hayley said about her pop-culture obsessions:

"I am re-obsessed with the Spice Girls and their Spice World movie. I grew up on that, and I love that right now the '90s are an influence on young people. It seems like 6 years ago, a lot of us were looking back more into the '80s. But the Spice Girls mean so much to people my age and people younger than me. I love the sense of girl power they give to young women. You know, I didn't have that when I was 16 when Paramore started. I wish it was something that I more fully understood. So I'm loving that young women are embracing their femininity, their power, and their strength. I look at my younger sister, and she's so strong and self-aware. I just feel that it's so important, whether it's feminism or feeling powerful for just one day, I'm happy that's back in pop culture. I hope it stays. I'm happy to see strong women."

Oh this is why I love Hayley. ^^

Now, let's enjoy the song!




Still Into You

Can't count the years on one hand
that we've been together
I need the other one to hold you
Make you feel, make you feel better

It's not a walk in the park to love each other
But when our fingers interlock,
Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it
'Cause after all this time, I'm still into you

Chorus:
I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)
Let 'em wonder how we got this far
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah after all this time I'm still into you

Recount the night that I first met your mother
And on the drive back to my house
I told you that, I told you that I loved ya

You felt the weight of the world fall off your shoulder
And to your favorite song
we sang along to the start of forever
And after all this time, I'm still into you

[Chorus]

Some things just, some things just make sense
and one of those is you and I (Hey)
Some things just, some things just make sense
and even after all this time (Hey)

I'm into you, baby not a day goes by
that I'm not into you





P.S: Sill Into You means a lot to me. I know Hayley won't read my blog, but I'd like to thank her for this song. ^_^



1 comment:

  1. I think their music is growing up along with us. Back then, their music evolved around rebellious years. Anyway, I love this song! And Hayley's hair too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.