April 8, 2013

Those Moments



Love can be hard and grueling. You know, one of those moments where you wish you just weren't capable of love? We all have it, rare as it may be, it's the moment that you wish you couldn't love so that it can keep us from the pain of watching people we love forget; forget who you are and what you meant to them, where their mind slowly slips away and you become a stranger in those eyes. Those eyes that now fear you.

People with Alzheimer's disease could make you feel those moments more than you should, because you don't want to feel the pain of watching your loved one slip away in such an ungracious and undignified way, for them to lose everything that meant something to them. I've watched some movies about Alzheimer's and heard friends' stories of their grandparents affected by this disease. Although I never have experience of spending time with people who have Alzheimer's, but I can feel the heartache from the stories I heard. 

Imagine the sadness fills your heart every time you visit your grandparents and they stare up at you and say, "who are you?" or "why do you look familiar?". My heart would break. I wish everyone I love will never suffer from Alzheimer's or any kind of diseases.



4 comments:

  1. Ohh. I've been there, dear. There's one time my nenek sedara who suffered from stroke, bila sy datang dekat dia, she asked me of who i am. she even afraid when i approached her and gave her a kiss on her cheek and salam tangan dia, she didnt even want me to touch her. may God bless her. She passed away 2 years ago. Alfatihah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is real sad.... :(
      semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat..al-Fatihah....

      Delete
  2. I can understand how does it feel. Can't remember a thing/ a relationship etc, the partner will be such in pain. :(

    mt
    Meitzeu @ Blog

    Meitzeu @ Facebook

    Meitzeu @ Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aemy!
    I'm visiting your blog.. Had a grandma suffering from it too.. It was tough and hard for us. Glad she is now in a better place..
    Al-fatihah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.