December 23, 2013

5 Years and Counting


Forever can never be long enough for me, to feel like I've had long enough with you..
- Train, Marry Me






The thing about love is that you find a way. It's funny the way things look different when you're in love, the moments are clearer and crisp, but it's the absence of love that makes you notice. I know 6 things about love: 1) it'll make you a better person, 2) it's simple, 3) the more you give, the more you have, 4) it's constant, 5) it can be everything you've hoped for, and 6) it must start with yourself.
I don't know if the world provides us with soulmates, but what I do know is that there's someone I'd pick every time. :)

This man right here, I owe him the world. He has shown me how great it can be to love someone, and how important it is to love and accept myself. He has taught me how to be comfortable in my skin and how to let go of my anger. He has proven to me that there's someone who will love the darkest, scariest parts of you. I've spent 5 years getting to know this beautiful soul as well as to know myself. Within those years we've had some barriers between us, some rough patches, but we're still into each other. I'm so lucky and so blessed to have been given such an amazing and loving man. I thank God every day for sending me such a perfect addition to my life. With him, my weird feels normal and that's all I can ever ask for. 

And today marks our 5th anniversary. Happy anniversary, dearest Ifo. I love you, always have and always will. :)




Marry your best friend. I do not say that lightly. Really, truly find the strongest, happiest friendship in the person you fall in love with. Someone who speaks highly of you. Someone you can laugh with. The kind of laughs that make your belly ache, and your nose snort. The embarrassing, earnest, healing kind of laughs. Wit is important. Life is too short not to love someone who lets you be a fool with them. Make sure they are somebody who lets you cry, too. Despair will come. Find someone that you want to be there with you through those times. Most importantly, marry the one that makes passion, love, and madness combine and course through you. A love that will never dilute - even when the waters get deep, and dark.





4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to both of you, the most lovely and cutest couple. Wishing the both of you a bountiful life, with lots of spiritual nourishment and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alhamdulillah and happy anniversary aemy...5 years tu bukan satu tempoh yang pendek..mesti macam suka dan duka yang dialami...hehehe

    Regards,
    -Strider-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so touched with this. you are so lucky, sister :)
    it is hard to find a soul mate that could love our darkness, imperfect side.
    very grateful to have my parents that patiently keeping me hehe

    happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet.. Happy anniversary to both you.. bah kasi cpt2 naik pelamin hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.