December 20, 2013

A Cure for Restlessness





I remember coming back from a road trip few years ago has left me with a sense of restlessness. It's always hard to go from being in absolute adventure, full of new words and people, to something routine. But it's all about perspective. Throwback moment that I had recently brought my thoughts back to when I was lost in the middle of the town. But it's nice, so I stopped and recalled my childhood moments. Because it's the place I grew up in. There's so much of it I've yet to see. My former life, and yet, that little block I'd never registered in my memory. Or maybe, moving away is what it took for me to notice those things. It's as if you have to leave in order to come home and see what's really there. I have a soul that's always longing to wander. I can't stay indoor even for a week, I'm the kind of person that always wants to be somewhere else. However, I'm still in a season of transition, a time of learning, growing and preparation. I'm not sure what for exactly, but I just know that this is a vital time during which is so important for me to be patient and learn what fuels my soul.

So far I've learned the these, cure for restlessness:


  • Tea. Even if you have to microwave the water because you don't have a kettle..

  • Books. All kinds. All topics. All the books.



  • How I Met Your Mother. Or whatever happens to be your TV fix as of late. Every night as you fall asleep.



  • Gratitude. And expressing it.



  • Writing letters or postcards. The good, old-fashioned, stick a stamp on it, push it through the mail slot kind.



  • Water. Lots.



  • Music. As often as you can. As loud as plausible. Singing along.



..and anything nice and easy.





The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.
- C. Joybell C.



1 comment:

  1. Ohh this is so true aemy. I have to agree on the books, music and tv series. magic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.