December 31, 2013

New Year without Resolution





Nope, no new year's resolution for me. Because my new year's resolutions never make it to the next year. Somehow excuses, stress or sidetracks always get in the way. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest advocate for personal growth and accomplishing goals. But for me, new year's resolutions don't always work that way.

My resolution is days. Days full of meaning. Especially because I love nothing more than writing up a to-do list for the things I need to accomplish that day (and I'm usually successful at completing my lists).  I started this because it's important for me to start right when I was extremely motivated. While loving the idea of bringing on the new year with a personal goal in mind, I also love the idea of bettering yourself at any given moment of every single day.

Last year I was told that the way you spend your new year is the way you'll spend your year. True or not, I liked how it sounded. So this year, I make sure my new year's perfect. I'm gonna spend it with the people I love. Laughing, away from my phone, cooking and eating together, being grateful, and having fun.

One of my worst personal qualities was my problem with focusing on the final destination rather than the journey. I typically got stressed out over life's trivial details and took it all too seriously. And at the end of the day, month, year, etc..my usual regret was that I worried much. But not this year, and especially not this new year's eve.

Hello 2014, I'm glad you're here.
Happy New Year!!!


10 comments:

  1. People came up with loads of new resolutions every year but not all are achievable, right. Same goes to me haha.. So I ended up with only two res. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to get them accomplished before 2015.

    Happy new year, Aemy! Hope 2014 will bring more happiness and blessing in your life ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, Aemy! Just like you, I also don't have any resolutions for this year cause I didn't manage to accomplish the last year one. :(..So I just let it be whatever it may come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year :) have a great year aheaaad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year aemy! wish you wonderful days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to u and family! Naaa... am not so into reso thingy.. just wish everything will be better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not have any resolution because I could never make it. Lol, perhaps just a little ones but I'd like to follow the flows...Happy New Year girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. same to me aemy..hi hi just want to follow the flow only but one thing sure is i will do the best in everything i do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.