May 4, 2013

No One is Flawless




Criticism: (n.) The expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistake.

I think accepting criticism is quite tough to learn. Human nature is based on the desire to be right and the fear of being wrong. We tend to to get angry and upset when others point out our mistakes and flaws. But we’re all wrong at some point, it’s just a matter of accepting we can’t always be right. And that’s okay.

We can allow our emotions to get the best of us. We can take things for how they really are and deal with them. If we're always right, there would be no room for improvement and to learn. Our poor decisions and misjudgments allow us to become better, you know. Let's learn to accept the criticism of others, don’t go into defense mode. Take it as you will and seek out the opportunity to progress in the world. The most successful people in the world were never right at first time. No one expects us to be perfect or flawless. It’s not about the mistakes, it’s what you do afterwards that makes the difference, which is so simple. 

Over the course of 4 years in university, I've yet to learn the acceptance of criticism. It’s a weakness I recognize in myself and I’m working on it. So, I'm not just writing this to remind you, but also to remind myself. Viva voce examination is just around the corner and I'm gonna prepare myself to accept every comment and answer every question. It's a final key to finish my degree, so I'm going to nail it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.