January 16, 2013

Memories on A Shelf


I was cleaning my bedroom the other day. I de-dustified and de-moldified (do these words exist?) every corner of the room. Certainly, part of my spring cleaning was devoted to my bookshelves. I took out all the books, cleaned the shelf, wiped off the dust, rearranged in alphabetical order by author, and put books that were kept in stacks on the floor back onto the bookshelf. I never even considered getting rid of my books.

In most areas of my life, I adhere to the idea that less is more. But when it comes to books, more means more. I love seeing a bookshelf overflowing with stories. There's a few that were given by people on my birthdays, as souvenirs and by swapping. And there's also some old Reader's Digest mags, mags that I grabbed from airplane, and reference books that I was unable to sell. Maybe it's time to let go of those. I've gotten rid of books before, but it's always with a bit of sadness and paralyzing thought like, "what if I need it?”. You see, it's the what-ifs thingy again. :p

While I was spring cleaning the shelves, I found my old notebooks from matriculation college and 1st year of degree.


books of memories :)


 I used to write lecture notes on them, which I barely read. And there are some poems and random words in middle pages that I can't even remember writing. What was I? Cold-hearted emo girl? :p And then on the other pages, some kind of drawings are nicely embedded next to the notes. I must be really bored during lecture, but how did I become so creative? Lol. 


being Picasso during lecture :p


I got a little pang of nostalgia when I read some notes that my friends wrote on a farewell night back when we're in matriculation college. Gosh, it's been 4 years we don't meet each other. Those are one of the best memories. ^^


some of the notes from my friend. I miss them so much..


And....a sweet graffiti that Ifo left in my notebook. I think it's 3 years ago. I can't believe that I almost forgot having this one. Heeeee....


I love you too 



17 comments:

  1. wow...its cool kan baca semua ni...sa suka ni..sa pun time blk kk tuari sa bawa semua brg2 lama balik KL...best ni baca..kdg2 lucu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes..funny & overwhelming..i miss them so much! not sure if they still keep mine..hehehe ^^

      Delete
  2. auuwwww..so sweet to read all that..especially when Ifo drew u a grafitti..hehehe

    Regards,
    -Strider-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe..im not sure if he still can draw graffiti..dah lama pencen :p

      Delete
  3. aww the last one is the sweetest. ;)

    I kept my old note books too- I kept few of my fav notebooks since secondary school until uni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it might make no sense for others, but it's a wonderful keepsake for us, right ;)

      Delete
  4. astaga....replaying memories arrr....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaah those moments...buat sya ingat jaman2 skolah dulu juga heee xD it's good to read it back. trus senyum panjang alone2 haha.

    Just like your friend said, stay your happy go lucky attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zaman teenagers la paling manis & paling gila2 kn..hahaa..zaman jajal urg bilang :p unless u're a good girl XD haha..

      yes i will, thank u dear!! ^^

      Delete
  6. Oh, how beautiful memories you have :D
    I could only wish I kept my old exercise / note books, since I've thrown it mostly :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. believe it or not, i still keep my high school's maths exercise book. hahaha..i think im a successful keeper :p

      Delete
  7. I guess the best part about spring cleaning is that we often find our forgotten treasures. Lovely share, Aemy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true..& thats also when we find the thing that we thought we lost it :p haha..
      thx! ^^

      Delete
  8. i think the graffiti I LOVE U must be done by Ifo right..

    Few days ago was spring cleaning too but what i found were old trash and junk.. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sya pun terjumpa diary lama yg few weeks ago..haha.. terbongkar semua kisah lama :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is sooo nostalgic. you should keep these forever. that academic books can go fast fast. kidding, kidding. my mak la selalu sayang buku academic2 tu. my stpm books semua masih ada. ntah siapa la yg mau baca.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.