August 6, 2013

It's Okay





The time I had to write a thesis for my Food Tech course in the campus is up there with some of the hardest things I've learned. It's tough and broke me to pieces once, I almost give up. Alhamdulillah, all the hard work, determination, tears, depression and sleepless nights paid off. I left the faculty with smile and feeling  proud. I agree with myself that in the end, it's worth it.

Well, in retrospect, I much prefer those lessons than those with no definite answers, no charts. I'm turning 23 this year. It's odd. It seems as though far too much has happened for it to only be 23 years of lessons. Another hard lesson, which I'm still in the mere introductory chapters of the book, is the concept of friendships mattering a lifetime, affecting your life forever, yet sometimes fleeting. I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to my friends properly and most of them have gone back to their hometowns. I wish I can do that on convocation. 

It doesn't mean your friendship meant nothing just because you don't talk anymore, right? Or that you moved on or moved up. Not at all. In fact, sometimes, your past friendships grow dearer with time. We all are busy. We all are at different points in our lives. And sometimes, people drift. 

That's okay. That's what I'm learning: it's okay.

At the time you're close, you will remember being close at that time. We change everyday, our lives change everyday. But at that time, you and that person, your friendship served a purpose, taught a lesson, helped you both grow. 

My friends, you're always in my heart. Those times, those places, those moments..they're forever treasured in my heart. They made me who I am. Thank you, dear friends. And though we may not speak often, or perhaps ever, I guarantee you, you're always, always in my heart.

Then and now.





..and if we don't meet no more in this world,
then I'll meet you in the next one,
and don't be late, don't be late...





1 comment:

  1. i remember writing my thesis too...huhu. 2 semester. paling payah bab 2, literature review. i felt like punching myself at that time. hehe.

    anyway, hopefully you'll make a great memories during the convocation k. ada jodoh kita jumpa k.

    btw, salam raya dear. maaf zahir dan batin sepnajang kita kenal. i miss u tho.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.