December 20, 2012

Dear Bilbo Baggins

I must say that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was such an epic story! It told a story of Bilbo Baggins and his greatest adventures 60 years ago. The quest was recruited by Gandalf to help the Dwarfs reclaiming their kingdom from a dragon. They dealt with so many challenges during their journey like encountering Trolls, Orcs, Goblins, Giant Stone and Gollum. 

The riddle game between Bilbo and Gollum stood out as the best part in the film. I laughed so hard I almost fell off my seat. :p Gollum's one of the freakiest creatures I've ever seen, with his intense facial expression and creepy voice. Gosh, recalling the scene could still make me laugh. LOL! Andy Serkis did a very good job. 


The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey


And of course, Bilbo was my favorite character. Martin Freeman's portrayal of Bilbo was pitch perfect, right down to the small hand movements and facial gestures, capturing the self doubt, humor, and mannerisms of dear Bilbo. I love Bilbo as he's not only clever, but also ethical, even with his opponent. His performance was one of truly special elements (aside from the brilliant, haunting musical theme and beautiful scene) that make the film feel fresh. And there's the ring. The ring that would lead to far more gruesome adventure. I thought if only Bilbo didn't take the ring and returned it to Gollum instead, things would be different. Well, that's how LOTR started anyway. 

I'm really looking forward to watch the next sequels! ^^





5 comments:

  1. I haven't watch it yet but so far tonnes of great review on it..can't wait to watch..hehehe

    Regards,
    -Strider-

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story looks great. Plan to watch them this weekend.Now I am excited :)

    How are you by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did watch it.... one word. Sequel? Pufff there goes my good review. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. belum ada kesempatan menonton movie ini. Byk kwn2 komen movie ini sngt menarik..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to watch it on last saturday. I have to admit that I dun like the movie....i dunno why.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.