June 12, 2013

Don't Waste it on Anger





Looking back on my life a year ago, most things are different now.
When you’re frustrated, I suggest asking yourself, “will this matter in a year?”. If your answer's yes, well then it must be a rather big issue, and that’s for another day. But most of the time, things that we think matter, really don’t matter at all.

So what if you got cut off on the freeway? So what if they don’t have your size? So what if someone said something behind your back? So what if he didn’t return your phone call? So what?

I've always been told to take a step back and think about things before and after doing them. Things that I was strung up on a year ago, even 6 months ago, don’t matter to me anymore. I feel silly for ever letting those things consume myself and my life.

Take a look back, do the things the things that bothered you so much a year ago still matter? Create a timeline and mark the things that mattered, would you still mark them today? I know life can be tough, but that’s it. It’s life, it’s supposed to be tough, right? It molds us, strengthens us and makes us who we are. If you have emotions, that’s fine. Don’t suppress them, but be realistic, are you working yourself up over the unnecessary?

I’m  not an advocate for perfection, nor a flawless product of which I’m preaching, but I sincerely believe everything happens for a reason, I even believe certain things don’t happen for a reason. Learn to let things go, the only person a grudge hurts is yourself. Forgive others, forget disagreements, and fulfill the life you were sent here to live. Don’t waste it on anger, in fact, don’t waste it at all. :)





Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength. - Corrie Ten Boom





2 comments:

  1. i agree with you aemy... let it go.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish I could do so but it's hard. =(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.