June 18, 2013

It's Okay to Say No





For some reason we tend to feel like we must always say “yes” to people when they ask a question or a favor. We all want to say "no" more than we actually do.

Will you lend me RM5? Does this shirt look okay? Do you want to go out with me tonight? Do you want this cake? Yes. Yes. Yes. You say yes out loud, but in your heads: “No, I need that RM5". “No, that shirt is awful”. “No, I'd rather just stay home because I'm tired”. “No, I’m not hungry and I’m trying to reduce my weight.”

We over-commit to things, only causing unnecessary stress. If you don’t want to do something, then don’t. You say yes because you don’t want to be rude, but deal with that later. The person you’re saying no to probably won’t mind, if they do, I’m sure they’ll get over it. It’s okay to say no when someone offers you a bad food or drink. It’s okay to say no to the guy who’s taking advantage of you. If standing up for yourself and your morals makes you a bitch, so be it, and be proud of it.

Learn to prioritize the things you’re saying yes to. If you can’t keep your word and commitment then learn that sometimes. It’s okay to say no. 



Self-respect is the root of discipline: The sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. 
- Abraham Joshua Heschel




3 comments:

  1. Its okay to say, NO! i can't believe it! i just reading your blog hehe..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it hard to say NO :( but yes...self-respect is a must too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog :)

    salam kenal dari kami outbond di malang :)
    jangan lupa kunjungi kami di website kami : http://www.nolimitadventure.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. Keep a song in your heart and have a nice day. Au revoir.

 

Copyright © 2009-2017 Aemy Nadira. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.